Thursday, June 19, 2008

All the way from West Africa!

Earlier this week I received a box of lovely suits from a generous lady that I met on wishuponahero.com. This website connects people or programs in need with everyday hero's who may be willing to grant their wish. I, of course, wished for clothing for the Black Pants Project and received a response from Theresa who said she would happily send several items when she came into town and then mail them. Little did I know that she packed up her donation, lugged it to the airport, flew out of Africa, landed in Pittsburgh, then mailed her donation to our program. What an amazing story! Or Trish from North Carolina who read about the project online and called the newspaper to track me down and sent a ton of designer outfits and suits that have never been worn...UNBELIEVABLE! This program has been nothing short of amazing...the people, the donations, the community support, and the never ending possibilities...I'm dumbfounded. Every day there is a new development. Today I worked with two young girls and even made a house call. I love this project and can't wait to see what the future holds!

No comments: