Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Black Pants Project Officially Launches on Earth Day 2008

In partnership with the Schooner Youth Center in Monessen, PA, I will be spearheading a new program called "The Black Pants Project" that will provide free wardrobe essentials to low-income women and girls who are looking to join the corporate workforce. I was inspired to launch this project after our youth center received a windfall of donated clothing from a consignment store that had just closed. While sorting through the donations, and they are BEAUTIFUL, I noticed one big shortage...BLACK PANTS! All of us bargain divas out there already know that a fabulous wardrobe can be centered around one or two pairs of basic black pants! Why black pants? Building your wardrobe with black pants will help you...
  • Save money! No longer do women feel they have to buy fully coordinated outfits in a host of different colors. This reduces the urge to pull out that credit card and live beyond your means.
  • Save time! Cut your morning routine time in half. Pledge to wear only black pants and you already have half your wardrobe planned for you in the morning!
  • Save stress! Don't feel confident in your wardrobe choices? Black is a classic color that is seasonless and easy to match and accessorize. It's a safe starting point for any working wardrobe!
On a personal note, I am embarrassed to report that I was a victim of credit card debt due to the pressures of finding the perfect wardrobe. Because I didn't know or appreciate the basics I sunk myself financially before I turned 21. My goal is to help women avoid this same mistake and start out on the right foot. Will you help me?

No comments: